Interdisciplinary Minor in Holocaust Studies
Rutgers now offers an interdisciplinary minor in Holocaust Studies, with courses offered by the German, History, Jewish Studies, and Sociology departments.
Photo: Dnalor 01, Wikimedia Commons (CC-BY-SA 3.0).
The minor consists of six courses, as follows:
- Two required courses:
- Four additional courses in at least two different departments—currently including German, History, Jewish Studies, and Sociology—related to the Holocaust. Courses can include:
- A relevant three-credit independent study or internship (e.g., at the Museum of Jewish Heritage: A Living Memorial to the Holocaust in New York), with the approval of the faculty coordinator
- An honors seminar on a relevant topic
- A six-credit honors thesis on a relevant topic, with approval of the faculty coordinator
- One relevant transfer course may be counted toward the minor, pending approval of the faculty coordinator