- "The Epic Tradition in Ancient Israel – And What Happened to It?" in Isaac Kalimi, ed., Writing and Rewriting History in Ancient Israel and Near Eastern Cultures (Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz, 2020), pp. 17-30.
- "Tribute to Jim Eisenbraun," in "He Inscribed upon the Stone": Celebrating the Work of Jim Eisenbraun (Atlanta: SBL Press, 2020), pp. 178-180.
- "A Rare Piyyuṭ Text Used as a Binding Fragment in Torat Moshe (Venice, 1601) Held in the University of Sydney Library," in Andreas Lehnardt, ed., European Genizah: Newly Discovered Hebrew Binding Fragments in Context (European Genizah: Texts and Studies, vol. 5; Studies in Jewish History and Culture, vol. 63; Leiden: Brill, 2020), pp. 185-203.
- "Israelite Origins," in Richard E. Averbeck and K. Lawson Younger, eds., "An Excellent Fortress for His Armies, A Refuge for the People": Egyptological, Archaeological, and Biblical Studies in Honor of James K. Hoffmeier (University Park, Penn.: Eisenbrauns / Pennsylvania State University Press, 2020), pp. 327-339.
[PDF used with permission granted by Pennsylvania State University Press, publisher of this volume.
- “Chiasmus in the Book of Genesis," in John W. Welch and Donald W. Parry, eds., Chiasmus: The State of the Art = BYU Studies Quarterly 59, supplement (2020), pp. 17-34.
[article may be read online and/or the pdf file may be downloaded gratis at the link provided]
- “Aramaisms in Hymn 32 (1QH 24:2 – 25:33),” in Steven E. Fassberg, ed., Jerusalem Symposium Volume on the Hebrew of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Ben Sira (forthcoming).
- “Approaching Scripture,” in Trevan Hatch, ed., Mormonism and Judaism (Sandy, Utah: Greg Kofford Books, forthcoming).
- "The Ancestral Narratives" (= ch. 1), in John Merrill, ed., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, forthcoming).
- "Egypt and the Exodus" (= ch. 2), in John Merrill, ed., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, forthcoming) (co-authored with Manfred Bietak).
- "The Emergence of Israel in Canaan" (= ch. 3), in John Merrill, ed., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, forthcoming).
- "Targumic Parallels to Variant Readings of the Book of Samuel amongst the Cairo Geniza Manuscripts," in Willem Smelik, ed., Proceedings of the Ninth International Meeting of the International Organization for Targumic Studies, London, July 2018 (forthcoming).
- "An Alternative Later Date: The Exodus Took Place in the 12th Century B.C.E.," in Mark D. Janzen, ed., Five Views on the Exodus (Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, forthcoming).