- "The Epic Tradition in Ancient Israel – And What Happened to It?" in Isaac Kalimi, ed., Writing and Rewriting History in Ancient Israel and Near Eastern Cultures (Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz, 2020), pp. 17-30.
- "Tribute to Jim Eisenbraun," in "He Inscribed upon the Stone": Celebrating the Work of Jim Eisenbraun (Atlanta: SBL Press, 2020), pp. 178-180.
- "A Rare Piyyuṭ Text Used as a Binding Fragment in Torat Moshe (Venice, 1601) Held in the University of Sydney Library," in Andreas Lehnardt, ed., European Genizah: Newly Discovered Hebrew Binding Fragments in Context (European Genizah: Texts and Studies, vol. 5; Studies in Jewish History and Culture, vol. 63; Leiden: Brill, 2020), pp. 185-203.
- "Israelite Origins," in Richard E. Averbeck and K. Lawson Younger, eds., "An Excellent Fortress for His Armies, A Refuge for the People": Egyptological, Archaeological, and Biblical Studies in Honor of James K. Hoffmeier (University Park, Penn.: Eisenbrauns / Pennsylvania State University Press, 2020), pp. 327-339.
[PDF used with permission granted by Pennsylvania State University Press, publisher of this volume.
- “Chiasmus in the Book of Genesis," in John W. Welch and Donald W. Parry, eds., Chiasmus: The State of the Art = BYU Studies Quarterly 59, supplement (2020), pp. 17-34.
[article may be read online and/or the pdf file may be downloaded gratis at the link provided]
- “Approaching Scripture,” in Trevan G. Hatch and Leonard J. Greenspoon, eds., “The Learning of the Jews”: What Latter-day Saints Can Learn from Jewish Religious Experience (Sandy, Utah: Kofford Books, forthcoming).
- "The Ancestral Narratives" (= ch. 1), in John Merrill, ed., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, forthcoming).
- "Egypt and the Exodus" (= ch. 2), in John Merrill, ed., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, forthcoming) (co-authored with Manfred Bietak).
- "The Emergence of Israel in Canaan" (= ch. 3), in John Merrill, ed., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, forthcoming).
- “Aramaisms in Hymn 32 (1QH 24:2 – 25:33),” in Steven E. Fassberg, ed., Jerusalem Symposium Volume on the Hebrew of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Ben Sira (forthcoming).
- "An Alternative Later Date: The Exodus Took Place in the 12th Century B.C.E.," in Mark D. Janzen, ed., Five Views on the Exodus (Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, forthcoming).
- “Genesis 49:4 – The Route of Facile Textual Emendation vs. Appreciation for Literary Brilliance,” Vetus Testamentum (forthcoming).
"The Etymology of Sabaic brṯ ‘place’,” Journal of Semitic Studies (forthcoming).
“Jewish Babylonian Aramaic נוולא (B. Bava Meṣiʿa 67a, etc.): Its Meaning and Etymology,” Journal of the American Oriental Society (forthcoming).