- "The Epic Tradition in Ancient Israel – And What Happened to It?" in Isaac Kalimi, ed., Writing and Rewriting History in Ancient Israel and Near Eastern Cultures (Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz, 2020), pp. 17-30.
- "Tribute to Jim Eisenbraun," in "He Inscribed upon the Stone": Celebrating the Work of Jim Eisenbraun (Atlanta: SBL Press, 2020), pp. 178-180.
- "A Rare Piyyuṭ Text Used as a Binding Fragment in Torat Moshe (Venice, 1601) Held in the University of Sydney Library," in Andreas Lehnardt, ed., European Genizah: Newly Discovered Hebrew Binding Fragments in Context (European Genizah: Texts and Studies, vol. 5; Studies in Jewish History and Culture, vol. 63; Leiden: Brill, 2020), pp. 185-203.
- "Israelite Origins," in Richard E. Averbeck and K. Lawson Younger, eds., "An Excellent Fortress for His Armies, A Refuge for the People": Egyptological, Archaeological, and Biblical Studies in Honor of James K. Hoffmeier (University Park, Penn.: Eisenbrauns / Pennsylvania State University Press, 2020), pp. 327-339.
[PDF used with permission granted by Pennsylvania State University Press, publisher of this volume.
- “Chiasmus in the Book of Genesis," in John W. Welch and Donald W. Parry, eds., Chiasmus: The State of the Art = BYU Studies Quarterly 59, supplement (2020), pp. 17-34.
[article may be read online and/or the pdf file may be downloaded gratis at the link provided]
- "The Twelfth-Century Exodus View," in Mark D. Janzen, ed., Five Views on the Exodus: Historicity, Chronology, and Theological Implications (Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 2021), pp. 183-209 (plus smaller essays, including: a) responses to other contributors to the volume on pp. 66-70, 121-123, 172-174, 274-279; and b) rejoinder to responses to my essay on pp. 231-234).
- " pdf Israelian Hebrew in the Book of Amos ," in Aaron D. Hornkohl and Geoffrey Khan, eds., New Perspectives in Biblical and Rabbinic Hebrew (Cambridge: Open Book Publishers, 2021), pp. 717-739.
- "Targumic Parallels to Variant Readings of the Book of Samuel amongst the Cairo Geniza Manuscripts," Aramaic Studies 19 (2021), pp. 41-53.
- “Aramaisms in Hymn 32 (1QHa 24:2 – 25:33),” in Steven E. Fassberg, ed., Hebrew Texts and Language of the Second Temple Period: Proceedings of an Eighth Symposium on the Hebrew of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Ben Sira (Studies in the Texts of the Desert of Judah, vol. 134; Leiden: Brill, 2021), pp. 236-259.
- " pdf The Ancestral Narratives " (= ch. 1), in John Merrill and Hershel Shanks, eds., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, 2021), pp. 1-15, 340-342. [pdf file posted with permission of Biblical Archaeology Society]
- " pdf Egypt and the Exodus " (= ch. 2), in John Merrill and Hershel Shanks, eds., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, 2021), pp. 17-58, 342-351 (co-authored with Manfred Bietak). [pdf file posted with permission of Biblical Archaeology Society]
- " pdf The Emergence of Israel in Canaan " (= ch. 3), in John Merrill and Hershel Shanks, eds., Ancient Israel, 4th edition (Washington: Biblical Archaeology Society, 2021), pp. 59-91, 351-355. [pdf file posted with permission of Biblical Archaeology Society]
- “Approaching Scripture: Insights from Judaism,” in Trevan G. Hatch and Leonard J. Greenspoon, eds., “The Learning of the Jews”: What Latter-day Saints Can Learn from Jewish Religious Experience (Salt Lake City: Kofford Books, 2021), pp. 1-21.
- “Genesis 49:4 – The Route of Facile Textual Emendation vs. Appreciation for Literary Brilliance,” Vetus Testamentum 71 (2021), pp. 673–686.
“Form Form Follows Content in Biblical Literature,” in Peter Machinist, Robert A. Harris, Joshua A. Berman, Nili Samet, and Noga Ayali-Darshan, eds., Ve-’Ed Ya‘aleh (Gen 2:6): Essays in Biblical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies Presented to Edward L. Greenstein, 2 vols. (Atlanta: SBL Press, 2021), vol. 1, pp. 559‒578.
- “Israelian Hebrew, Inscriptions from the North of Israel, and Samaritan Hebrew: A Complex of Northern Dialects,” Journal for Semitics 30:2 (2021), 19 pp.
"The Etymology of Sabaic brṯ ‘place’,” Journal of Semitic Studies 67 (2022), pp. 317–335.
“ pdf Jewish Babylonian Aramaic נוולא (B. Bava Meṣiʿa 67a, etc.): Its Meaning and Etymology,” Journal of the American Oriental Society 142 (2022), pp. 145-156. [pdf file posted per the JAOS guidelines available here]
- "Pithom and Rameses (Exodus 1:11): Historical, Archaeological and Linguistic Issues (Part I)," Journal of Ancient Egyptian Interconnections 33 (2022), pp. 1-19 (co-authored with James K. Hoffmeier).
- "Pithom and Rameses (Exodus 1:11): Historical, Archaeological and Linguistic Issues (Part II)," Journal of Ancient Egyptian Interconnections (forthcoming) (co-authored with James K. Hoffmeier).
- "Hebrew Compositions from the Pen of Thomas Neale, Regius Professor of Hebrew (1559‒1569), Addressed to Queen Elizabeth I on the Occasion of Her Majesty’s Visit to Oxford in 1566," Bodleian Library Record (forthcoming) (co-authored with Aaron D. Rubin).